Tuesday, October 5, 2010

White Haired Friend

I have a white haired friend!  She lives across the courtyard one floor up.  She's probably in her late seventies and  likes to hang her underwear out in the courtyard.  She has the most beautiful silvery white hair!  The first time we saw each other she was hanging panties out when we both looked up and met eyes.  It was kind of an akward but friendly smile and wave.  The next time was an enthusiastic exchange of waving.  Today, I saw her hanging out clothes and opened our windows to greet her.  She motioned to the three of us and said, "Tutto bene?"  Which means 'are you all good?' I replied with a thumbs up. 

I think I will bake her a cake and deliver it to her door.  We shall be great friends. 

1 comment:

  1. Anna Morrell, i love you dearly. And I feel like I would really like this white haired friend that you have made. I made a couple of white haired friends this week---they were selling quilt raffle tickets on the sidewalk...and although the quilt was beautiful, I bought some tickets mostly so I could chat with them for awhile. Love you, Lady!

    ReplyDelete